4 & 5. Grey Hare Inn, Vineyard B&B. The Grey Hare is styled after a Provence/Tuscan farmhouse, elegantly offering panoramic vineyard, orchard, and bay views. The Grey Hare’s gourmet breakfast will prepare you for a day of wine tasting, boating, biking or skiing. The inn offers wedding party accommodations, harvest stomps and a 42 ft sailboat and breakfast option.
6. Walt’s & Susan’s Antiques Shop. Located in a 1910 barn where three floors are filled to over flowing with beautiful dishes, primitives, furniture, vintage clothes & more – note the wide plank floors. Don’t miss the tour through Walt’s gas station work shop.
7. Buchan’s Blueberry Hill
9. Edmondson Orchard Fruit Stand
10. Cherry Connection
13. Mission Table &
14. Jolly Pumpkin Restaurant, Brewery, Distillery & Tasting room at Bowers Harbor Inn. The legendary estate of the late Charles F. Stickney & his wife Genevieve, is now home to Mission Table Restaurant & Tasting room, Jolly Pumpkin Restaurant, Brewery & Distillery and The Peninsula room (private event space that holds up to 150 guests). Award-winning Chef Paul Olson crafts the menus using seasonal ingredients and locally sourced food. Mission Table is open for dinner after 5:00, Jolly Pumpkin is open for lunch & dinner after noon in season. Call 231.223.4222 for more info.
15. Jolly Pumpkin - Breweries & Distilleries - Mission Table Tasting Room pours free samples of our awardwinning Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales & North Peak beers, Bonafide wines & Civilized spirits. Open 12-5 Friday-Sunday in season. Call 231.223.4222 for more info.
16. Old Mission Massage Therapy. Maria McKane, in practice since 1996, is a nationally certified therapeutic myomassologist and massage therapy teacher. She has been trained in numerous massage techniques including Swedish, Facial, Maternity, Sports, Reflexology, Myofascial Release, Lymphatic, Neuromuscular Therapy, Shiatsu, and Hot Stone Massage Therapy and Belavi Face Lift Massage.
17. Old Mission Dentistry. Dr. Stoye,in his log cabin office, offers all phases of dentistry for all ages. From cosmetic dentistry to simple extractions, patients are treated in a calm, painless atmosphere using nitros oxide sedation.
19. The Boathouse.Nestled on the shores of beautiful Bowers Harbor, The Boathouse takes full advantage of its delightful view of the docks and bay with wide-open windows and a summer deck. Indoors, the charming décor invokes a relaxed cottage atmosphere where both
the casually and formally attired feel welcome. Chef Eric Nittolo puts a
new twist on Northern Michigan’s traditional home-style fare creating
unparalleled innovative cuisine. The menu varies in its choice of fresh
seafood, Kobe beef, veal, lamb and vegetarian options. Its the taste of
the big city in Traverse City.
(231) 223-7200 - Grill
(231) 223-9364 - Deli
21. Peninsula Market. Come and enjoy one of Northern Michigan’s
true food gems. We are newly remodeled with foods from around the world for your table. Our store is dedicated to fresh (local when available) ingredients used to produce our various lunch and dinner specials as well as lining our shelves with goodies for you to cook. Check out our expansive wine selection. Not just a grocery store, but a foodies’ paradise. (231) 223-9500
22. Neahtawanta Inn. Surrounded by woods and water, the Inn offers peace and comfort for those who need to rest and rejuvenate. The large living/dining room with a sunken fieldstone fire pit and the library with many books and periodicals are available for guests. Healthy vegetarian breakfasts are served. The Inn also offers a yoga studio and instruction upon request.
Old Mission Wineries are situated uniquely at the globe's 45th parallel -- the ideal climate for growing varietal wine grapes -- the five wineries that comprise this stunning appellation have been well recognized by international wine enthusiasts. The dedicated vintners who hone their craft on the glacially formed landscape include
3. Peninsula Cellars
8. Chateau Grand Traverse
12. Brys Estate Vinyard & Winery
18. Bowers Harbor Vineyards
23. Johnson Farms
28. Grey Hare Inn Farm Market
30. Hoffman's Pumpkin Patch
C. Scenic Overlook, exhibiting excellent views of both bays.
D. Bowers Harbor Park. The perfect place to stretch your legs. Enjoy the new walking path around the park, have a picnic, play some tennis and let the kids romp on the tall ship play structure.
E. Bowers Harbor Boat Launch
F. Pyatt Lake Nature Area is nestled in the woods off Pyatt Rd. A quiet and peaceful nature preserve, complete with hiking trail, boardwalks and two observation platforms overlooking pristine wetlands, provides an excellent opportunity for viewing one of the most botanically diverse areas in Grand Traverse County.